#101 Botelho's Island & Creek Confluence

Liberty Bell Plaza -- 1949

Walnut Creek’s namesake creek is formed at this corner, where two creeks merge -- Las Trampas and San Ramon creeks. Today’s Broadway Plaza was built in 1951 on undeveloped land bounded by these creeks. Locals called the land “Botelho’s Island,” because it was owned by the pioneer Botelho family.