850 S. Broadway -- 1891
On June 7, 1891, the
first passenger train rolled into Walnut Creek. Southern Pacific built the
train depot later that year on land donated by Antonio Botelho. Among those
who rode the first train into town was local business owner Albert Sherburne.
The depot was originally located closer to the intersection of Broadway and
Mt. Diablo Boulevard. It was relocated and converted to commercial uses in