1200 S. Main St. -- Early 1870s
The front entrance to the stately home of Michael
Kirsch and his family was flanked by two giant date palms, imported from Asia.
Kirsch came to Walnut Creek in 1858 and established a blacksmith and
wheelwright shop at the intersection of Main Street and Lafayette Road (today’s
Mt. Diablo Boulevard), next door to his house.