1245 S. Main St. -- 1884
The first Catholic church in Walnut Creek, St.
Mary’s, was dedicated in 1884 on this site on Main Street. The land for the
church was donated by pioneer Antonio Botelho. A wooden structure of Gothic
design, the church became the center of Catholic life, particularly for the
many local families of Portuguese descent. The parish later moved to its
current location on Mt. Diablo Boulevard.