Pacheco Road (Main Street) -- Late 1860s
In the early years, Main Street was called Pacheco
Road and ran from Martinez to the north to San Jose in the south. Across is the
site of the original Walnut Creek and Mt. Diablo Central Hotel, which welcomed
travelers from near and far. Antonio Botelho, who owned more than
300 acres of farm land in this area,
purchased the hotel in 1882 and refurbished it into a home for his large family.