#119 Walnut Creek Grammar School

Plaza Escuela -- 1912

Walnut Creek Grammar School opened in 1912, replacing the 40-year-old Central School that stood on this site. The school was expanded several times over the years. After World War II, when the town was expanding rapidly, the local school district began building neighborhood elementary schools. The downtown school closed in 1957.