1315 N. Main St. -- 1880
Walnut Creek’s oldest
remaining commercial structure, the Sherburne Building, was the home of a
number of mercantile and other businesses over the years. Originally built in
1861-62, the building was partially destroyed by fire in 1879 and rebuilt the
following year by its owner, Albert Sherburne. The post office operated out
of Sherburne Brothers Mercantile for a number of years.