1340 N. Main St. -- 1908
Joseph Silveira, owner
of Valley Mercantile at the corner of Main and Cypress, was the first
merchant to offer banking services to residents. Recognizing that the
community needed a “real” bank, Silveira established the San Ramon Valley
Bank in 1907. The bank building, directly across the street at the corner of
Main and Railroad (now Duncan), was constructed in 1908.