#140 Bradley Bros. Shop

1372 N. Main St.  -- 1916

Guy and Ed Bradley’s soda shop on Main Street also housed the town’s first telephone exchange. Customers from as far as Oakland would make the drive to the shop to enjoy Bradley’s ice cream and to watch the large electric ice cream machine displayed in the store’s front window. The store closed in 1945 because of competition from Lommel’s Creamery a few blocks away.