#141 Stow Building

1375 N. Main St.  -- 1910

James Stow bought a 100-foot wide parcel on Main Street for $100 and, in 1910, built a distinctive two-story commercial building for his mercantile store. The building’s twin towers and bay windows made it a landmark on Main Street for many years. The towers and bay windows were removed in a 1947 remodel.