1410 N. Main St. -- 1928
Originally named “The Corners,” the new town was renamed “Walnut
Creek” in 1862 when the U.S. Post Office began delivering mail to the town. For
many years, residents picked up their mail at a local shop on Main Street,
and early postmasters included Hiram Penniman, John Sherburne, James Stow,
and Ed Bradley. This brick building, built in 1928 by Fred Lawrence, housed
the Walnut Creek Post Office until 1947.