1403 N. Main St. -- 1916
Joseph Silveira moved his Valley Mercantile
business from its original site on Main Street to this corner – the site of
the old Grange Hall --
around 1910. Valley Mercantile not only stocked the latest in merchandise, it
also offered the community’s first banking services. In 1916, Silveira
replaced the original structure with a modern brick building.