1432 N. Main St. -- 1910
This distinctive brick building was built by Fred Lawrence and a
partner for the family’s meat market business. The slaughterhouse was
originally located behind the store but was later moved to the Ygnacio
Valley. Walnut Creek Meat Market remained at this site until 1986, when the
family moved their business to Alamo. Take note of the restored sign on the
north side of the building.