1499 N. Main St. -- 1921
Lester Lawrence preferred cars to the family meat business and, in
1921, opened an auto garage across from the brothers’ meat market on Main
Street. Soon, Lawrence also began selling cars. Over the years, Lawrence
owned several dealerships, including a dealership on North Main Street near
Geary Road that is still in business today.