1532 N. Main St. -- 1940
This two-story building was originally the home of a hardware store.
In 1947, Vern Snedden opened the first of two Nut Bowl Fountain restaurants
in this corner location. The second restaurant was in Pleasant Hill. After 20
years, the Walnut Creek Nut Bowl closed, and the building has since been home
to several stores and restaurants.