Lincoln at Carmel -- 1937
Established in 1911, the Women’s
Improvement Club (later renamed the Women’s Club) was the first service
organization in Walnut Creek. The Club met at the Town Hall on Main Street
until 1937, when the group moved into
its clubhouse on Lincoln Avenue, just east of downtown and across the creek. The Women’s Club used the building until it
was sold in 1997. The Club disbanded in 2000.