#171 Dole House

1614 Mt. Diablo Blvd. -- early 1870s

Built by Eldridge Dole (local architect), the Italianate house across the street was originally the ranch home of Lawrence and Margretta Peel. Peel operated a mercantile store on Main Street in the 1860s. The home had many owners over the years and has been in commercial use since the 1960s.