#172 Masonic Temple

1604 Mt. Diablo Blvd. -- 1916

Founded in 1873, the Walnut Creek Masonic Lodge built its own Masonic Temple in 1916. For many years, the Lodge had met on the second floor of a building on Main Street. The Masonic Temple was expanded in 1953. In 1984, it was closed. Since that time, the building has been home to a number of different retail establishments.