1321 Locust St. -- 1884
After initially holding their services in the local schoolhouse, the
town’s Presbyterians built their first church at this site on School Street
(now Locust) in 1884. The lot was donated by Homer Shuey. A newer stone
church replaced the original wood structure around 1930. The congregation
moved to a new church west of downtown on Lacassie Avenue in the 1950s.