1345 Locust St. -- 1924
A local group of Christian
Scientists first began meeting in Walnut Creek in 1913, paying $1 each week
to rent space at the Masonic Temple.
Church members purchased this lot on Locust Street in 1920 and held
their first service in their own church in 1924. A larger church was built in
1949. The church then moved to Eckley Lane in 1968.