1370 Locust St. -- 1872
The village’s first house of worship, built in 1872, originally stood
on Main Street on land donated by Homer Shuey. By the early 1900s, the land
on Main Street had great commercial value, so the church was moved to this
site on Locust Street (then School Street), on land donated by James Stow. In
the 1950s, the congregation built a larger church on Sunnyvale Avenue, north
and beyond downtown.