1387 Locust St. -- 1939
Originally the site
of the home of the pioneer Burpee family, the building at the corner of
Locust and Cypress Streets (originally School and China Streets) was
constructed around 1939 as a private residence. It was converted to the
funeral home and city morgue in 1949 (note the stained glass window), then a
dance studio in 1955, and a restaurant in 1978.
Legacy Story: Winfield Burpee