1644 N. Broadway -- 1961
Walnut Creek’s third library – located on the same site as the current
library – opened in 1961 when Walnut Creek had fewer than 10,000 residents.
This library replaced the small Carnegie Library, located on Main Street and
opened 45 years before in 1916. The 1961 library served the community for
nearly 50 years. The current library opened in 2010.