1677 N. Main St. -- 1916
Diagonally across the street is the site of Walnut Creek’s second
library, built in 1916 with a $2,500 grant from the Carnegie Library
Foundation, secured by the local Women’s Improvement Club. The land was
donated by Robert Noble Burgess. After 45 years, the town outgrew this
library, and this site was sold to help fund a new library on Broadway, which
opened in 1961.