Theodore Berling opened the town’s first
cinema, the Ramona Theater, on Main Street in 1920. The theater made history in
1930 when it debuted its first talkie movie.
In 1926, Berling became the town
marshal and license collector; two years later, in 1928, the city council
appointed him as the first chief of police, a position he held until 1942, when